Holiday Treats in SLO South County
One of the nicest things about the holidays is that everyone is welcome. The time brings out the best in us, when giving truly is more important than receiving.
There’s also a lot of community activities that we share to celebrate the season. Here in South County, we have a wide variety of fun festivities, most of which are open to everyone. If you are lucky enough to get to spend part of your holidays in or near Pismo, here’s some events to think about adding to your schedule.
- “The Holiday Extravaganza” at the Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville, 1863 Front St.. (Highway 1), Oceano; 805-489-2499. An entertaining dance and music celebration of the season.
- “The King is Born” outdoor Christmas concert, Rotary Bandstand in Heritage Square Park, Arroyo Grande; noon on December 6 at the Pismo Outlets, 333 Five Cities Drive.
- “Christmas in the Village,” with Santa roaming the streets in downtown Arroyo Grande, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- “Carol of the Arts,” with Arroyo Grande High School arts and music classes performing, December 1 through December 24, at the Clark Center, 487 Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Grande. Call 805-489-9444 for details.
- “Pismo Beach Holiday Harmony and Tree Lighting,” at the Pismo Beach Pier, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., December 5. Snow! Plus bounce house, music, Santa and hot drinks.
- “A Very Musical Holiday” at the Grover Beach Holiday Parade, 10 a.m., December 6, on West Grand Avenue beginning at 16th Street.
- “Babes in Toyland” presented by the Coastal Chamber Youth Ballet and Coastal Dance and Music Academy, 2 and 7 p.m. on December 6 and 7. At the Clark Center, 487 Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Grande, $18 to $30,; 805-489-9444.
- “Elegant Evening in the Village,” in downtown Arroyo Grande, 4 to 8 p.m., December 7. The Village will be decorated, and merchants will be open offering holiday treats.
- “Shell Beach Holiday Stroll,” on Shell Beach Road in Shell Beach, 5 to 8 p.m., December 11.
- “Winter Concert,” presented by the San Luis Obispo High School Bnad and Choir, 7 p.m., December 11 at the Clark Center, 487 Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Grande; 805-489-9444.
- “The King is Born Christmas Concert,” at Grace Bible Church, 100 Rodeo Drive, Arroyo Grande; 7 p.m. December 12, 6 p.m. December 13, 2:30 and 6:00 p.m. December 13.
- “The Grinch,” by the Studio of Performing Arts, 2 and 7 p.m., December 13 at the Clark Center, 487 Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Grande; $30; 805-489-9444.
- “Winter Concert,” with the San Luis Obispo Youth Symphony, 4 p.m., December 14, at the Clark Center, 487 Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Grande; $5 to $15; 805-489-9444.
- “Christmas and Holiday Sing-Along,” with performances by various groups with audience sing-along, 4 p.m., December 21 at the Clark Center, 487 Fair Oaks Avenue, Arroyo Grande; $6 to $30; 805-489- 9444.
- “Polar Bear Plunge,” at the Avila Pier, noon, January 1. Costumes encouraged, but NO wetsuits.
All of these great events accompany our pure sand beach, incredible winter sunsets, and welcoming restaurants and taverns. We wish you all a Happy Holiday!
Get the Latest by Email
CategoriesAbout Pismo Beach
Food & Wine
Meetings & Events
Pismo Beach Activities
Pro Sports and Music