Looking for a dreamy job with a dreamy view?
The SeaVenture Beach Hotel & Restaurant in Pismo Beach is the only full service hotel on the beach. We are looking for great people to join our team. If you have a passion for hospitality and a talent for making people feel special, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Check out our open opportunities below and when you’re ready, complete the online application to get started.
Hot Tub Cleaner/Spa Attendant
The Spa Attendant performs routine duties in the cleaning and servicing of guestroom hot tubs under the supervision of the Room Inspector.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the SeaVenture Beach Hotel and Restaurant. Our hotel rooms have their own hot tub on the balcony. Your primary duty is to empty, clean, sanitize and refill the tubs for guests and clean the outside area of the hotel room. You will also be responsible for cleaning public areas of the SeaVenture. Desired applicant will have reliable transportation and report to work on time, will be able to hustle to meet check-in deadlines on busy days and be able to redirect focus on slower days to deep clean public areas. Weekend and Holiday availability is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning the spa.
- Maintains own cleaning supplies, uses chemicals correctly
- Removes any debris from the tub and patio areas
- Cleans all patio chairs, tables, and sliding doors leading to the patio.
- Sweeps front entrances, walk ways, hallways, staircases, and removes spider webs and cleans patio lights.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Reports any maintenance problems as they occur to the maintenance department and the department head or manager on duty.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the department head or manager on duty.
- Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Assists in other areas of the department as needed.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials prop
Experience: Previous housekeeping-related experience desired.
Physical: Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may occasionally have to lift up to 40 pounds.
DEBERES Y RESPONSABILIDADES:
• Entra y prepara la habitacion y el spa para limpiar.
• Mantiene articulos de limpieza propios, utiliza los quimicos correctamente.
• Elimina los residuos de la tina y el area del patio.
• Limpia todas las sillas del patio, mesas, puertas corredizas que dan al patio.
• Barre las entradas principales, pasillos, escaleras, elimina las telaranas y limpia las luces del patio.
• Asiste a reuniones del personal.
• Informa cualquier problema de mantenimiento cuando este ocurre al departamento de mantenimiento o al encargado en turno.
• Informa de cualquier acontecimiento inusual , o requerimiento al encargado en turno.
• Ayuda en otras areas del departamento segun sea nesesario.
• Comprende que aveces por las nesesidades del negocio tenemos que asignar tareas adicionales establecidas por el gerente en
EXPERIENCIA: Experiencia relacionada con el servicio de limpieza es deseado.
REQUERIMIENTOS FISICOS: Se requiere usar fuerza, escribir, estar parado, sentado, subir escaleras, caminar, movimientos repetitivos, la audicion, y agudeza visual, en ocasiones es nesesario levantar hasta 40 libras.
Line Cook - Part or Full Time, Evenings
Thank you for your interest in employment with the SeaVenture Restaurant. We serve dinner 7 nights a week and brunch on Sunday. Our guests are loyal and come for the ocean views and coastal cuisine. We are looking for a part time or full time line cook to complete our kitchen staff. If you have solid kitchen skills, a commitment to food safety standards, and a positive work ethic, please apply. Applications and Resumes can be submitted through our website or picked up and dropped off in person to our Front Desk staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares all foods in accordance to standard recipes and as specified by the guest
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control, e.g., especially high cost meat and fish items
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, equipment and work areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations
- Maintains overall cleanliness of kitchen
- Performs general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning product as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Keeps floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents
- Performs other duties as requested, such as, cross-training, moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc
- Reports suspicious persons or activities to a supervisor immediately
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other associates
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes an harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly