Looking for a dreamy job with a dreamy view?
The SeaVenture Beach Hotel & Restaurant in Pismo Beach is the only full service hotel on the beach. We are looking for great people to join our team. If you have a passion for hospitality and a talent for making people feel special, you could be just the person we’re looking for. Check out our open opportunities below and when you’re ready, complete the online application to get started.
Guest Service Agent
The Guest Service Agent performs duties related to the hotel front desk and provides exceptional and authentic service to our guests.
POSITION TITLE: Guest Service Agent
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide customer service to all resort guests (hotel guest or non-hotel guest) who come to stay in the hotel, use on site facilities, or gather information for an upcoming stay or event. Work with a computerized property management system. Check guests in and out of the hotel. Answer incoming calls and create reservations for guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all guests both hotel and day use.
- Answer incoming hotel calls and create reservations. This includes following the Signature Worldwide Magic Formula, quoting rates and availability, confirming the reservation, and setting up special payment and pre-sets.
- Check in guests. This includes greeting and welcoming the guests, checking to see if the room is available, accepting payment, and assigning a room.
- Check out guests and finalize payment. Bills appropriate third parties when necessary.
- Possess a clear understanding of all room types and amenities.
- Possess a clear understanding of all reservation channels, how guests make reservations on each, and how the hotel accepts payment for each channel.
- Perform room shows to prospective guests.
- Understands general information about the facilities. Reads and initials all memos daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place at the hotel.
- Coordinates special room deliveries with the bellman. This includes assigning the room, gathering the inventory, and billing.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper cash, check, credit card, gift certificate, and special payment handling policies.
- Maintains good communication with other Guest Service Agents, housekeepers, managers and all other departments.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of work area.
- Maintains daily duties check list.
- Perform any special projects requested by management during off peak hours.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings.
- Attends quarterly Signature Worldwide’s ™ training sessions.
- Assist any other staff as needed to the best of your abilities.
- Reports any maintenance problems as they occur to the maintenance department and the department head or manager on duty.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the department head or manager on duty.
- Records all guest requests on the provided log, follows up with the guests when appropriate.
- Completes cross training in breakfast delivery, housekeeping, spa service and maintenance and maintains an understanding of each.
- Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to have employees take on additional duties and responsibilities set forth by management at any time.
COMPETENCY AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Able to work holidays, weekends and evenings
- Basic typing skills and ability to operate standard office equipment including: copier, fax, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PMS (Autoclerk)
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Six months in a customer service field.
PHYSICAL: Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may occasionally have to lift up to 40 pounds. Requires the ability to stand for up to 8 hours.
Located right on the beach, we offer a friendly work environment and have an opportunity everyday to meet people from around the world and show them what makes our "neck of the woods" so special.
Hours and shifts vary depending on time of year and business demands. Because the front desk is open 24/7/365, interested candidates must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Thank you for your interest in employment at SeaVenture Beach Hotel and Restaurant. Please submit completed application through the website or drop off in person to our friendly Guest Service Agents at the front desk.APPLY NOW
We are looking for a Massage Therapist to be included on our call list to fill in for an absent therapist or to be the second therapist for a couples treatment.
Thank you for your interest in employment with SeaVenture Beach Hotel and Restaurant in Pismo Beach. We are the only full service hotel located directly on the beach in SLO county. We pride ourselves in providing unparalleled service for our guests and caring for our employees.
Our Massage Center is open everyday, including holidays, from 9am-2pm and 3-8pm. We offer Swedish, Aromatherapy, Deep Tissue, Hand and Foot Treatment, Body Scrubs, Face Wrap and Hand, and Seaweed Wrap treatments and massage.
This Position Requires:
Minimum of 300 hours of training
Certified by the State of California
Must be a team player
We need someone to cover specific shifts (TBD) during the week and be on our call list to fill in for an absent therapist or to be the second therapist for a couples treatment.
This position offers:
Paid Sick Time, Holiday Pay Premium
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the link here or drop off in person to our front desk.
Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.APPLY NOW